Since its inception Siyakhula Trust has had the privilege of assisting many government departments and communities throughout South Africa. Projects have addressed diverse needs and focus areas. Please visit our Community Development web pages to review our work with disadvantaged communities.
We have indicated some of the highlights of our work with local government over the last few years. Going forward this work will be conducted through our commercial arm Siyakhula Trust ETD Institute.
• Involvement in the Municipal Finance Management Programme which is under the auspices of the National Treasury.
This has involved:
- The orientation of training providers in respect of the QALA (SAQA Quality Requirements) on behalf of the National Treasury and GTZ.
- The development of assessment documents for the Municipal Finance Management Programme for the National Treasury and GTZ (28 programmes).
- The training of Young Professionals in respect of the National Certificate: Municipal Finance – level 6, on behalf of the Development Bank of Southern Africa.
- The training of Municipal Financial Interns from municipalities in the North West Province, Limpopo and the Northern Cape.
• The conducting of a training needs analysis for 1400 financial officials for the City of Johannesburg.
• The design of aligned and accredited training programmes for councillors and municipal officials. This involved the National Certificate for Municipal Councillors; the National Certificate in IDP and the National Certificate in LED.
• The training of 200 female councilors in community facilitation skills on behalf of the Gauteng MEC for Local Government.
• The Trust has also trained councillors and officials from over 54 municipality’s nation wide.
• The preparation of civic leaders for participation in the new democratic local government structures prior to 1994.
· Speak to us about our exciting new Councillors and Ward Committee training programmes.